PADI Divemaster Course
Become a PADI Professional and Live the Dream
Do you love scuba diving? If you want to use your scuba diving skills and help other divers, take the PADI Divemaster course. Sign up today and you can turn your love of scuba diving into a career.
Requirements for the Divemaster Course
As a budding trainee divemaster, you will need to be 18 years old and you may also need the following:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care training that has been completed within the past 2 years.
- A log of at least 40 dives to begin the course and a final log of 60 dives to earn the Divemaster certification.
- A medical statement that is signed by a physician who has assessed you within the last 12 months.
- Medical statement that says you are ‘fit to dive’.
- PADI Rescue Diver certified.
What You Will Learn on the Divemaster Course
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you how to become a confident diver and leader. Through the development of various water skills, exercises, workshops, and hands-on practical assessments, you will develop the necessary skills. By taking part in the Divemaster course, you will learn a whole range of skills, including:
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Mapping an open water diving site
- Conducting programmes and specialised skills
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Dive setup and management
- Organising a search and recovery project and a deep dive.
These are just some of the skills you will learn on the Divemaster course. For the full details, get in touch with the Oyster Diving team.
£595 plus £195 Divemaster Crewpack. The Crewpack contains:
- 1 x Manual Only – Divemaster
- 1 x Instructor Manual
- 4 x Slates – Divemaster
- 1 x DVD – Divemaster, Diver Edition
- 1 x Book – Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving
- 1 x Cue Card – Discover Scuba Diving Instructor
- 1 x Professional Training Log
- 1 x Decal – Green Hologram (DM)
- 1 x Bag – PADI Pro
Includes equipment where necessary. Does not include PADI membership fee (paid directly to PADI on completion of the course), entry to lakes, travel and air fills.
What Equipment Do You Need for the Divemaster Course?
If you’re looking to become a dive professional, it is important you have the basic scuba diving gear, including a diving computer, at least two surface signalling devices, and a dive knife. If you have any questions about the equipment required for the Divemaster course, please do not hesitate to contact our team for further advice.
What Can I Do as a Divemaster?
Once you have qualified as a Divemaster, you will be able to assist the dive instructors as they are teaching others. You will also be able to take certified divers on guided dives in open water and you’ll be qualified to assist customers in-store on purchasing the right dive equipment for them. If you choose to take the PADI Divemaster course we offer at Oyster Diving then once you qualify you will be able to work at any PADI dive centre around the world.
What Can You Teach as a Divemaster?
After becoming a qualified Divemaster there are so many aspects of diving you can teach, including the following:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organising and directing dives.
- Assist a PADI instructor during the training sessions for any PADI diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling programme.
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the Refresher Course.
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving programme.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer speciality.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Divers 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI instructor during surface swims and ascents or descents.
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission.
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
Optional Bolt-On | Stuntman and Performer Specialty Package
To become the ultimate Divemaster and for those training to become stuntmen and performers we have developed a bolt-on optional package to include the following specialties:
- Nitrox – stay deeper for longer
- Deep spec – qualify to dive to 40m
- Equipment specialty – learn how to look after and maintain your gear (not servicing)
- Navigation specialty – be more competent at guiding and finding your way around a dive site
- Dry suit – gives you the option to dive in all weather temperatures and to stay warmer. It is now mandatory for stunt performers to have completed a minimum of 30 cold water dives (below 12 degrees). For those completing their stunt course we can offer you free equipment hire to log the cold water dives and build experience in exchange for assisting on courses
RRP. £1,255. Bolt-on price only £627.50
Is the Divemaster Course Very Difficult?
The divemaster course is difficult in the sense that it requires hard work and dedication from you. While taking the divemaster course, you will be diving weekends and evenings, learning dive theory and how to prepare the equipment. You will also have to sit a few dive exams and pass the divemaster 400m swim and the divemaster 800m swim.
However, there are so many aspects of the divemaster course to enjoy. Not only can you get to enjoy some lovely locations, but you will also train with a group of people who are as passionate about scuba diving as you are.
Develop Your Diving Knowledge
On the Divemaster course you will develop your diving theory to an extremely high standard. The Divemaster test will test your diving knowledge in the final exams to test your knowledge and theory of PADI standards.
Explore New Depths in the Water Skills Assessment
The water skills assessment ensures you meet the high standard required to become a PADI Divemaster. During the water skills assessment, your swimming strength, ability to cope with stress, and the overall level of the diving skills you have.
Practical Diving Application
The course allows you to develop your leadership qualities through numerous workshops, scenarios, and practical assessments. This mix of practical applications will help provide you with the hands-on skills and experience needed to become an expert Divemaster.
Benefits of Taking the Divemaster course with Oyster Diving
You will be taught by PADI qualified diving instructors throughout your dive training at one of the busiest dive schools in the UK, ensuring your receive some of the best diving advice available. Booking your divemaster course with Oyster Diving permits you a FREE club membership for 12 months’ worth £95! You can also join our exclusive Whatsapp group, ‘Divengers Assembly’ where you can liaise with other Divemasters and ask our instructors questions. So, if you want some of the best benefits in the diving industry, Oyster Diving are the company for you.
Become a Divemaster and Work Abroad
Live in a country you’ve never been too before, with warm waters and gorgeous dive sites and become a professional Divemaster. Once you have completed the Divemaster course with us, the whole world is your oyster. All you have to do is find the perfect diving job for you. The PadiPro website is a great source for job hunting and will regularly post new job listings for Divemasters looking to work abroad. Some of the top destinations our passed Divemaster students have worked include:
- Canary Islands
- The Red Sea
And more. Turn your dream of becoming a divemaster abroad into a reality. Train with the team at Oyster Diving and you’ll be living out your dream diving experiences soon enough.
Book Your Divemaster with Oyster Diving Today!
The Divemaster is one of the most popular courses we offer at Oyster Diving and it’s not hard to see why. Become a qualified PADI divemaster and you can share your love of diving with others all over the world! Take the plunge and sign up with us today, you don’t want to miss out!