PADI Diving Instructor Courses at Our Multi-Award Winning Dive School
Becoming a PADI Open Water diving instructor opens up a whole new world of exciting opportunities. As a PADI instructor you could choose to work somewhere tropical like the Caribbean, Thailand or the Great Barrier Reef. Or you could choose to supplement your income while doing something you love. For most instructors and the greatest reward is the look of joy when they first introduce a student to the underwater world and see their eyes light up.
We run Instructor courses in London & South East and Malta.
FREE OCEAN REEF FULL FACE MASK INSTRUCTOR SPECIALTY (UK and Malta only)
As a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Diving Centre, we are one of the few scuba diving centres in London and the South East that can offer the PADI Instructor Development Course.
Our focus is on providing interactive courses and workshops that truly prepare instructors for the real world.
A Choice of UK and Overseas Locations
We are happy to offer you a choice of locations to give you total flexibility:
- London, UK – part-time and full time courses, ideal for people who like to fit the course around a full-time job
- Spain – head overseas with Bettie
- Malta – through our partner centre in Malta we can put a package together to include your IDC, accommodation at the Paradise Hotel and IE. Our Course Director Neville is guaranteed to put a big smile on your face!
We run our UK courses with Course Director Bettie, below is a presentation video she did in 2021 via Zoom on how to become a PADI instructor, including what’s involved, how long it takes and pricing. You can watch the video recording below.
Why Become a Professional Diving Instructor with Oyster Diving?
- Qualified, experienced, friendly and fun Course Directors with a fantastic pass record.
- Choice of UK and Overseas Locations including London, Spain and Malta
- FREE Full Face Mask Instructor Training qualification using Ocean Reef masks for anyone who does their IDC with us in the UK and Malta.
- Emergency First Response Instructor Training
- 23 Specialist Instructor Courses to choose from
- Support from the UK’s premier PADI Scuba Diving and Travel Centre
- The chance to work in one of the UK’s biggest and best dive centres after your course.
- Networking: Personal contacts with centres and other instructors around the work that we can put you in touch with
|Country||2022 AI/IDC Dates||Course Director||Instructor Exam|
|Malta||AI – 21st to 24th Feb|
EFRI – 25th Feb
OWSI 26th – 3rd March
|Malta||AI 25th to 28th April|
EFRI 29th April
OWSI 30th to 5th May
Starts 9th April. Flexi training available
|Malta||AI – 29th – 1st September|
EFRI – 2nd September
OWSI – 3rd to 8th September
|Neville||9-10th September (Gozo)|
|Malta||AI – 31st – 3rd November|
EFRI – 4th November
OWSI – 5-10th November
Welcome to the PADI Diving Instructor Course
All the instructor course training we provide is tailored to each individual to ensure everyone receives the lessons in a way that is most beneficial to them. The PADI Instructor Development Course lasts a few weekends or one week, and gets you prepared for the Instructor Exam (IE).
As well as offering instructor courses in the UK, we also provide them overseas. We are proud to provide all our customers with a fantastic choice of worldwide locations throughout the year.
Meet our Course Directors
Bethan, UK and Spain
Bethan has a fantastic track record for helping candidates pass their Instructor Exam with flying colours and become successful, confident and caring instructors, working all over the world and truly living the dream.
“Delivering top class, bespoke training to create confident, caring and capable PADI professionals”
Bethan uses a unique approach tailored to each individual candidate, and ensure you have a huge amount of fun along the way, focusing not just on passing the IE but making a financially and emotionally rewarding career for yourself once qualified.
Bethan Comley, PADI Course Director and Elite Instructor – Bethan also has a wealth of experience teaching people from all backgrounds. As a more recently qualified Course Director she is at the cutting edge of the new developments within PADI Professional training and across the recreational courses. Also an Elite Instructor, Bethan certified in excess of 150 divers in 2018, meaning she is extremely familiar with the real world of teaching, and she brings this experience to her unique style of coaching. She is extremely innovative, driven and dynamic.
Neville McLellan has for 10 years, been a successful Course Director. Having been part owner of one of the largest and most successful Dive Centre on the Maltese Islands.
Neville has had past successes in operating within the UK, Canary Islands and finally Malta. As a PADI Course Director, has officiated in Instructor Development Courses, that have been configured to provide a “Real World”, Instructor environment, experience. The results of this approach, has provided a 100% pass rate success, to all the participating Candidates.
Neville has received frequent awards, Elite Training and Frequent Trainer being just two of the awards. Also, with the agreement and cooperation of the Sea Horse Trust, has produce a Speciality, The PADI S.A.D Seahorse Active Diver.
Neville has gained a vast experience in his chosen profession, to which he can provide never ending stories of these experience’s. His other profession is as a Comedian. Divers who had the pleasure of his company, will recall the stories and jokes with fond memories, though Neville is continuously reminded that they have all heard them before. This empathy ensure that Neville can conduct the following course, with all participants fully enjoying the experience
You Will Learn to Become a Competent PADI Instructor
- Complete the full skill circuit of 24 basic scuba skills
- Deliver presentations on parts of dive theory from the courses you’ll be qualified to teach
- Give teaching presentations in confined water working with simulated students
- Give teaching presentations in open water combining multiple skills with simulated students
- Give a demonstration of a complete rescue scenario
- Complete various workshops in the following areas: DSDs and Scuba Reviews, Adventures in Diving, Rescue and Marketing
- Attend presentations on key areas of being a dive professional from the structure of individual courses to risk management and the business of diving
In order to enroll in the PADI Instructor Development Course, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be a PADI Divemaster or:
- An instructor member in good standing (renewed or eligible to renew) with another recognised recreational diver training organisation.
- Have a leadership-level certification in good standing (renewed or eligible to renew) with another recognised recreational diver training organisation; 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months, and have had no medical condition changes.
- Certified diver for at least six months.
- Completed the EFR Primary and Secondary Care course, or other qualifying training, within the last 24 months.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- Documentation of any non-PADI qualifying entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level certifications as required.
If you have any questions relating to the above, please get in touch and we will clarify your questions.
Prices UK and Spain
Assistant Instructor £450.00
|Standard Package||Full AI and IDC Course |
EFR Instructor Training
EFR Instructor Materials
PDUK Theory Made Easy document
Ocean Reef Full Face Mask Instructor Specialty Course
|Master Scuba Diver Trainer Luxury Package |
Offer 6 Specs for the price of 5
|Full AI and IDC Course |
EFR Instructor Training
EFR Instructor Materials
Ocean Reef Full Face Mask Instructor Specialty Course
MSDT Package comprising 5 instructor specialties + Full Face Mask
25 certifications team teaching with an experienced Instructor with Oyster Diving in the UK
|Extras||IDC Crewpack and e-learning|
PADI IDC Fee
PADI UK IE fee
PADI EFR Instructor fee
PADI Spec Instructor fee CD Trained (per spec)
We Provide FREE EFR Instructor Training
At Oyster Diving, we are passionate about ensuring every person we train through our instructor diving course is as prepared as possible for any diving eventuality. That’s why we provide free Emergency First Response (EFR) training as part of our instructor training course.
Emergency First Response training teaches first aid for both adults and children, emergency oxygen use, and how to use Automated External Defibrillators (AED). The techniques and principles our instructors teach on this cause are the same used by medical professionals, but in a way that is accessible to everyone.
We offer FREE PADI Full Face Mask Instructor Training
As part of your course you will have the option to complete the following PADI full face mask instructor course using Ocean Reef masks:
Ocean Reef Full Face Masks
Ocean Reef Full Face Masks are a hugely growing side to diving because of the advantages they give including:
- A greater field of vision
- They never for up
- They are easier to clear than standard masks, especially when training new divers
- Protects your face against cold water
- You can talk to other divers which is great from a safety and fun perspective
Oyster Diving are Committed to Mission 20/20
Here at Oyster Diving, we are committed to improving the environment and making our planet better so that it can be safely enjoyed for years to come. That’s why we are proud supporters of Mission 20/20. Initiated by Global Optimism, Mission 20/20 works hard to push for urgent change in the area of climate change so that, globally, we can reach a turning point on greenhouse gas emissions by 2020.
Do You Want a Diving Job? Our Instructor Courses Can Help
Once qualified as a PADI Instructor, you will be able to teach Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Emergency First Response, Rescue Diver and Divemaster Courses. Whether you wish to teach in the Maldives, the UK, the Great Barrier Reef, or Iceland, you can expect to get paid for the work that you do. As a PADI member, you will also have access to their dedicated website which includes dive centres for sale and dive centres looking to recruit instructors. Once you’ve qualified as an instructor, the world really is your Oyster!