Become a Qualified Scuba Diver

Become a Scuba Diver and Sea the World

Have you ever watched programmes like ‘Blue Planet’ and thought, “blimey, I’d love to see stuff like that”. Well, becoming a qualified PADI open water diver opens up 70% of our planet (the other 30% is land) and allows you to explore to depths the worlds oceans to a depth of 18m.

What types of things could I see?

You could see amazing marine life such as manta Rays, sharks (they don’t attack divers!), turtles and dolphins. Your senses will be electrified as you witness intoxicating colours from pretty coral reefs and experience weightlessness, just like an astronaut.  For those with an interest in history then why not dive an historical World War 2 wreck such as the Thistlegorm?

Not a traveller? Not a problem!

You don’t need to travel too far to find great things to see. Believe it or not, we have same great diving on our doorstep including an abundance of marine life such as eels, crabs, seals, lobsters, octopus, dozens of fish species and even sharks.

Don’t I have to be an athlete to dive? Not at all!

Diving is one of the few sports where age, sex and physical ability plays no influence on how good a diver you are going to be. It can unite families on holiday or you could even find your soul mate on your next dive adventure.

Qualifying as a PADI Open Water Diver is really simple as there are 3 parts:

  1. Learn the important bits online. This includes some videos, simple quizzes and interesting presentations
  2. Come to one of our 6 heated pools. Here is where you will learn how to dive and go through a number of safety exercises
  3. Put your new diving skills to the test with four open water dives. You can do these in the UK with us, or do a Referral. This is when your 4 open water dives are completed at a different PADI dive centre. This is usually done if you have a tropical holiday planned.

You could be a qualified scuba diver in as little as a three days.

Find out more information on our PADI open water courses here or you could even….